The transparent window on a dark closet's wall... 7727 views and counting...


Writing about a subject that for many people is still "behind closed doors" in the U.S., I am gratified to find, blog views are coming in from all around the world: Europe, UK, Russia, Canada, China, South Korea, Ireland, Germany, France, and South America. This is motivating. When I give public open mic readings to audiences of the "average man/woman on the street", I have often been approached by people who say, "My brother did that." Or, "My wife left me for a woman." Or, "I know a person at work that changed." Most end their statements with "I don't get it." but each, wants to talk. I learn their interest is more than curiosity, there is a desire to understand. To me, this is proof that education, information, and conversation needs to be had. I hope, ultimately, it shows a willingness to want to know, to change old ideas, and adjust perceptions. Thank you for your views! Your views are encouraging a transparent window onto what has been a dark closet's wall!

#change #acceptance #transgender #transsexual #M2F #F2M #teentrans #parents #transkids #family #significantother #making_a_difference #cisgender #secrets #behindcloseddoors #startingover #whatnow #mywriting #mystory #comingout #hope